Monday, September 21, 2009

Gmail Moms Personal Assistant!

Every mother at one point in time in her life thinks I need an assistant,a scheduler, receptionist, and of course maid! I have found something close and I would not be surprised if they found a way to clean my house next!

Gmail this email can do it all. It has an online calendar that is my life, with daily reminders and pop out options. It also has chat through gmail that your work cant see! It goes only through your email so its private. My hubby has gmail and so do I. We stay in contact all day. So if you or your spouse are blocked from downloading a chat format at work but can check your email well use gmail and you wont have to download anything at work. I could go on and on about gmail. That is a blog in itself. There are gmail documents to use already formatted for anything from letters to school to business proposals. There is now Google Voice. This is amazing stuff. It is a call forwarding system through your email. You can reroute anyone to your recorded voice mail box individualized by each number. I have one number now that I use for all emergency's and it automatically forwards to my cell, home and any other number I program it to. And to top that it also records the message. Both the speakers actual voice and the written message in my email!!!! Yes crazy I know! Plus it can call all long distance numbers for free through my email. Oh and if I don't want say that telemarketer to bother me I can pick up the phone here them talking and CHOOSE to listen without them knowing then send them to whatever voice mail I want. Maybe even one I have made up that tells them to take a leap.

It has options for labels so that I can store every possible thing from my kids sports to my online customers emails. I can quick find any email I need about my childrens events or whatnot. The following is a list of just a few more of the amazing features of gmail:

1.YouTube previews in mail
by Stanley C and Braden K

Shows a video preview whenever you receive a YouTube link in an email. You can watch the video right inline!

2. Picasa previews in mail
by Dan, Stanley, Mark & Umesh

Shows photos previews whenever you receive a Picasa link in an email.

3. Flickr previews in mail
by Dan P

Shows photos previews whenever you receive a Flickr link in an email.

4.Google Voice player in mail
by Robert D

Lets you play voicemails left on your Google Voice account right from the email notification. This feature is so cool!

5.Google Voice player in mail
by Robert D

Lets you play voicemails left on your Google Voice account right from the email notification. Another purely amazing treat! And if your divorced no more he said she said its all right there! Invaluable.

6.Signature tweaks
by Keith C and Dave C

Places your signature before the quoted text in a reply, and removes the "--" line that appears before signatures.

&.Forgotten Attachment Detector
by Jonathan K

Prevents you from accidentally sending messages without the relevant attachments. Prompts you if you mention attaching a file, but forgot to do so.


Ok so there are so many more features of gmail that this blog entry could get a little boring to read! By now I think you get the drift! Its a must for everyone especially busy CEO moms like myself. Plus staying connected to your husband all day is valuable when your running around with a large family like passing ships!

No comments:

Post a Comment